- 500g whitebait
- 3 eggs (2 eggs for 250 g)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Shake of black pepper
- Using two bowls, separate yolks from whites, putting yolks in bowl with the bait and other ingredients and mix well.
- Using second bowl for whites, beat until firm or stiff and fold into the bait.
- Cook in a moderate or hot pan with 1cm of butter.
For best results:
- Don’t use more than half of bait as it takes too long to cook.
- The egg whites flatten.
- Frozen bait.
- Don’t drain off liquid, just add handful of flour into bait and mix well before folding in whites.
- If short on bait, add extra egg.