(Di’s whitebait omelette recipe from Pukeko Tearooms)
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 25 grams butter
- 1 cup whitebait
- In a small bowl beat eggs and salt with fork.
- Heat butter in a medium fry pan.
- Pour in beaten eggs.
- Reduce heat slightly until omelette is half set, lifting the edges.
- While the top of the omelette is still liquid, spread the whitebait over it.
- Continue to cook until the egg is almost set.
- Season with salt.
- Remove the pan from the heat and leave the omelette to stand for about 2 minutes.
- Roll up the omelette, and place join downwards on the plate.
- Cut into 4 diagonal slices.
Serve hot or cold.